Current Job Vacancies
Early Years Practitoner
All posts are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS certificate, references, proof of identity and copies of qualifications. You will also be required to attend an interview.
Hours and pay
Monday 9:00 - 4:00
Tuesday 9:00 - 4:00
Wednesday 9:00 - 4:00
Thursday 9:00 - 4:00
Friday 9:00 - 4:00
Rate of pay dependant on age and experience.
24th March 2023
Wk Commencing 3rd April
17th April 2023
How to apply
To request an application pack or more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01584877654 or find application form below.
Busy Bodies is looking for bank staff with enthusiasm and passion to join our team. You will be responsible for providing a stimulating and caring environment for the children who attend the nursery ensuring their personal needs are met.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY CHECKLIST;
Detailed below are the principle tasks and activities associated with your role. Activities and tasks are carried out on a daily, weekly or as required basis. Nursery management will be responsible for working with you to establish, maintain and monitor that the activities and tasks are being performed to the settings standards.
Your role will be as set out in this job description but please note that the manager reserves the right to update your roles and responsibilities, from time to time, to reflect changes in, or to, your job. The list of duties in the job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
The schedule of responsibilities may well change in accordance with your experience and qualifications, so the following list of duties should be taken as the minimum requirement.
• Provide high quality care and activities for the children and to recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
• Ensure you are familiar with the key policies and procedures, especially safeguarding children, equal opportunities, behaviour management and health and safety. You will be provided with a copy of the nursery’s guide to policies and procedures.
• Within reason to be able to respond to requests to work at a setting, sometimes at short notice.
• Ensure parent issues and concerns are dealt with promptly and accurately. Keeping management informed.
Role Description – Staff
• Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the setting
• To uphold the confidentiality of the setting at all times.
• To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and promote the quality ethos of the setting.
Childcare and Curriculum Responsibilities;
• Assist in the implementation of the typical day within the setting.
• Assist with child routines such as sleeping, feeding and general supervision.
• Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the setting.
• Ensure that you help to maintain an attractive, stimulating and reassuring environment for children.
• Be aware of child protection issues and accidents to ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately.
• Help to maintain accurate records for all children including attendance registers.
• Help to communicate with and provide feedback to parents.
• Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the room / nursery / outing.
• Support the children in serving their own food, milk, drinks and snacks and encourage good nutrition and sociable eating.
• Assist children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with toileting and other associated welfare duties. Ensure you consult the up to date care plan for each child in your care.
• Action and monitor all child safeguarding / protection issues / accidents to ensure that any action is taken immediately. Following the settings policies and procedures, ensuring management/safeguarding lead are informed of any concerns.
• Assist with health and safety checks as required to the setting is tidy, safe, clean and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors
• Cover for other staff as appropriate and as directed by your manager, especially given that unforeseen situation can occur when caring for children and recognising that the child’s welfare is paramount.
Room and Premises Responsibilities;
• Ensure the room is kept tidy and organised to allow for the efficient use of time and to maintain the high quality standards that we have set as our on-going objective.
• Ensure resources, toys and equipment are organised, stored correctly, cleaned regularly and any breakages reported to the office. • Clean obvious marks or spillages (doors, floors, walls etc) as soon as they happen, within reason.
• Ensure any signs pictures or displays that are fixed to the wall are tidy, appropriate and in keeping with nursery standards.
• Ensure rooms, toilets and corridors are left tidy and cleared away at the end of the day to include children’s clothes and shoes, resources, cups, plates, utensils, food, drink etc.
• Answer the phone or entry-phone system as appropriate and / or directed by the management
Health and Safety Responsibilities;
• Help Maintain the safety and security of all children, employees and visitors to the setting.
• Be familiar with the settings Health and Safety policy.
• Ensure the cleanliness of the children at all times.
• Ensure that all information relating to the setting, its operation, children, staff and parents / carers is treated with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
Paperwork Responsibilities; You will not be required to be responsible for paperwork but may be asked to complete documents that relate to the duties you are covering such as:
• Nappy charts and changing procedures
• Accident and incident books
• Signing in and out
• Allergy forms
• Consent forms
• Sun cream forms
• Bottle charts
• Sleep charts
• Cot checks
• Toilet checks
Please ensure paperwork is up to date, neat and tidy, correctly spelt and well written. If you have any reservations about your abilities with paperwork (such as dyslexia) then please have your work checked by a suitable team member.
SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT “We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment”.
James Boddey (Nursery Director)
Busy Bodies Child Care Centre Ltd
Please return this application form to:
Busy Bodies Child Care Centre Ltd
Thank you for your application.